PLEASE NOTE: The Deadline for Applications into ERAS is DECEMBER 15, 2012.
Minimum Criteria for Consideration for Interview. We only accept applications through ERAS. We do not preview applications online or before the interview season. We do not participate in a pre-match. We offer J-1 Visas only; eligibility for this type of Visa is required. We do not offer Observerships or Externships.
Graduation from Medical School
- Medical School Accredited (LCME or ECFMG)
- ECFMG Certification for International Grads (Must have a currently valid certificate from the ECFMG prior to appointment) OR have a full and unrestricted license to practice in a US licensing jurisdiction
- Graduation no longer than 5 years prior to start of residency (2007 for this year) OR Current enrollment or recent completion (no later than July 2009) of a Family Medicine or GP residency that includes rotations in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics and obstetrics, OR Current enrollment in an ACGME or AOA accredited residency program.
- Passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (CK), with no more than 1 failure total, and average score (on passed exams) over 200.
- Passed USMLE Step 2 CS without failure prior to appointment.
- If taken, passed USMLE Step 3, without failure
- USMLE Transcript
- Must have at least two clinical rotations in the US with LOR from both rotations.
- At least two LOR
- Completed Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Appropriate work status (or eligibility) through USCIS (INS)
We are participating in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and will only accept applications through that service. The ERAS website lists twelve steps which could serve as a guideline throughout your application process. Once we have received your complete application, we will consider all information provided in our review process.
We will interview October 31 - Jan 20, on Monday, Thursday, and Fridays. We offer housing for one night. Virtual FMIG offers great advice on the residency interview experience.
We are also very proud of the area in which our residency program is located. Charlottesville has been rated by Money magazine and Reader's Digest as one of the top ten cities in the country. To learn more about Charlottesville and view some photos of our area, visit the City's web site, http://www.charlottesville.org/
Some things to do/ see/ eat in Charlottesville can be found on our
We look forward to reviewing your residency application.