Each of our fellows precepts
residents and medical students in our outpatient Family Practice Center
at UVa for one half-day per week.
Additionally, upon approval by the Fellowship Steering Committee, each fellow may choose to serve as an attending during a two-week block on the inpatient attending service. The fellow will be paired with a more senior faculty member, although the fellow will have the primary responsibility as attending.
Other Teaching Activities
Our fellows are able to be involved with
teaching experiences for 2 half-days per week, including the one
half-day spent precepting in our outpatient setting. Teaching
expectations for fellows include but are not limited to the
- Leading weekly conferences in the Department, such as the Information Mastery Conference
- Teaching a minimum of 3 workshops for our required Third Year Family Medicine Clerkship
- Teaching a minimum of 1 Family Medicine
- Teaching a minimum of 2 residency
conference sessions - these may include sessions during our
Essentials of Family Medicine "block" months or conference sessions
on Tuesday afternoons
- Fellows may also schedule additional teaching activities based on their interests and teaching goals for the year.