|Dr. Phil Peterson
Bluefield Family Medicine
106 Huffard Drive
Bluefield, VA 24605
| Preceptor Information: Dr. Phil Peterson
- Dr. Peterson is married and has three children.
- Medical School:
- Dr. Peterson is originally from Iowa. He graduated from the University of Iowa and the Iowa School of Medicine.
- He did his Family Practice residency at Spartanburg Regional Medical Center in Spartanburg, S.C.
- Board Certifications:
- Dr. Peterson is Board Certified in Family Practice and also is a Certified Nursing Home Medical Director.
| Practice Information: Bluefield--Bluefield Family Medicine
- Practice Staff:
- Melissa Nickels, PA-C
Sandra L. Payne, MSN FNP
Tara Noel - Business Manager
- Site Facilities:
- Bluefield Medicine has a Registered X-Ray Technician who can perform general radiographs in the office during scheduled office hours. We also offer DEXA Bone Density Scans performed by a Certified Technician and interpreted by our Physicians. Our moderate complexity lab, which is accredited by the Commission on Laboratory Accreditation, can perform most blood work your provider may order. For testing that cannot be done in our office, we will refer you to other outpatient testing facilities.
- Directions to Practice:
- Our practice is located in Bluefield, VA, just across the state line from West Virginia. Driving in from Interstate 81S one would take the first exit in West Virginia after coming through the East River Mountain Tunnel, a right exit. Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto Route 460 - John Nash Blvd. and continue until reaching a stop light. Turn left onto Route 460 and continue through two stop lights and enter into Virginia. Our exit is the first exit on the right just past a Wal-Mart Shopping complex. Turn left at the end of the exit ramp, then turn left at the first left (a church will be right before the road). Our practice is the first office building on the right.
- Tips from Past Students:
- One place that I really liked is called Key Ingredients. They have a great lunch and dinner including hot entrees and sandwiches and some daily specials - very good and reasonably healthy -- the best food I could find! They close at 7:00 p.m. so takeout or an earlier dinner works best. It's located across from the Bluefield Post Office. Get a menu and call ahead for pick up.
Deangelos makes good (and large) subs and pizzas. It is in the strip mall with the Wal-Mart very near to the office practice. Get a menu and call ahead if you want take out, as it can take a while.
There is another Italian restaurant on the left between the B&B and Bluefield. Good Italian dinner items. Mr. Bishop, owner of the B&B, can give directions to the restaurant.
Tudor's is a reasonable place for a simple breakfast. It is on the right side on the way from the B&B to the office. The hospital cafeteria isn't too bad for breakfast, either.
- Other Preceptors in this Practice:
- Dr. Frank Johnson