Amherst Family Medicine
|Dr. David PelfreyAmherst Family Physicians
P.O. Box 1320
Amherst, VA 24521
| Preceptor Information: Dr. David Pelfrey
| Practice Information: Amherst--Amherst Family Physicians
- Description of Practice:
- Amherst Family Physicians is an ideal place to learn about Family Practice. There are 2 physicians associated with the practice and one nurse practitioner. The building is well designed and the nurses and support staff are very good. There is also an onsite counselor/therapist who is part of the practice.
- Practice Staff:
- Amherst Family Physicians is the main health provider for the entire northern Amherst County. They do minor surgery, longitudinal care, gynecology, geriatrics, pediatrics, etc.
- Site Facilities:
- There are 8 patient treatment rooms, one microscope/centrifuge, a minor surgery room, a pediatrics room with set up for allergy skin testing, a counseling room, and a kitchen.
- Amherst Area Facts:
- Amherst is beautiful and rural. Lynchburg is 20 minutes to the south. There are many great places to enjoy the outdoors. In particular, the fishing at Mill Creek Lake is excellent.
- Directions to Practice:
- Take 29 South to Amherst.
Take the 3rd Amherst Exit(business exit)
You will see a Hardee's Restaurant in the Ambriar Shopping Center. Our practice is located behind the F&M Bank in this shopping center.
- Tips from Past Students:
- This is an excellent site. Dr. Raine is also an allergist. Dr. Pelfrey is a UVA grad and is quite good as well. Each one has a lot to teach, and is easy to work with. Spend time with each of them.