Family Medicine Clerkship Program
Leslie Stewart, Clerkship Coordinator
The Family Medicine Clerkship gives students an opportunity to experience many of the exciting and varied aspects of Family Medicine.
The clerkship goal is to provide students with the clinical skills, knowledge, problem solving skills, and professional attitudes necessary to access and care for patients in the family practice setting.
Each month, 13-15 students will be assigned to work in Family Medicine offices. Approximately 25% of students will be assigned to university or community practices near Charlottesville. The other 75% will be assigned to offices in other regions of Virginia.
We have recruited an excellent pool of preceptors and they are happy to have you working with them. We encourage you to take this opportunity to learn from them. They are a valuable resource to you not only for medical knowledge, but also about family medicine as a specialty.
Important Program Information
Information for Students - Student Handbook Information