Medical Toxicology Education
|Photo: Students practice the medical management of many toxicological conditions using the human patient simulator.|
Our faculty are frequently invited to speak at hospitals, professional conferences, EMS provider training sessions, and other facilities within our region. Some recent topics include Snake Envenomations, Smoke Inhalation, Herbal Toxicity, Criminal Poisoning, and Toxin-induced Seizures. Many other topics are available on request.
The Division of Medical Toxicology offers many other opportunities for professional education, including:
- An extensive training rotation service for physicians, nurses, or pharmacists.
- A semi-annual 2-week Wilderness Medicine Course.
- The only Medical Toxicology Fellowship program in Virginia.
- Online learning courses.
- Free monthly e-newsletter: ToxTalks
- Free quarterly e-newsletter: Occupational Toxicology News (click here to subscribe)
- Lead poisoning resources for health care providers.