Christopher P. Holstege, MD
Director, Division of Toxicology
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics
Chair Elect of
Christopher Holstege, MD is having a tremendous impact on our nation’s security, the University of Virginia’s education as a whole and educating a host of future doctors in the Department of Emergency Medicine all the while providing medical assistance to the “Blue Ridge” area and working in the Department of Emergency Medicine with exuberance, charisma and passion.
4/26/2012, ABC's Good Morning America
"Dangerous Teen Trends: Kids Getting Drunk on Hand Sanitizer"
8/15/07 ABC's Good Morning America "Lead: What You Need to Know"
Visual Diagnosis in Emergency and Critical Care Medicine by Christopher P. Holstege, Alexander B. Baer, Jesse M. Pines and William J. Brady
(Aug 30, 2011)
|Toxicology Recall (Recall Series) by Christopher P. Holstege, Matthew P. Borloz, John P. Benner and David T. Lawrence (Jan 23, 2009)|
|Deadly Daffodils, Toxic Caterpillars: The Family Guide to Preventing and Treating Accidental Poisoning Inside and Outside the Home by Christopher P. Holstege and Carol Ann Turkinton (Jan 1, 2007)|
Additional Media Involvement
- 9/16/2011 Good Morning America Topic: Apple Juice
- 9/15/2011 Good Morning America Topic: Apple Juice
- 4/19/2010 ABC News: 20/20 Topic: Essa Murder Trial
- 12/8/2009 Good Morning America Topic: Zhu Zhu pets
- 12/8/2009 CNN iReport Zhu Zhu pets
- 12/8/2009 Good Morning America (Andrea Canning, Andy Miller) Zhu Zhu pets USA
- 7/13/2009 ABC News (Dan Childs) Michael Jackson Death
- 6/26/2009 ABC News Sheila Marikar Michael Jackson Death
- Holstege CP. Lead poisoning remains a risk to Virginia’s children. Vital Signs. Daily Progress. Charlottesville, Virginia. May, 2005:C3.
- Holstege CP. Poison proofing the home. Albemarle Kids Magazine. Spring 2004.
- Holstege CP. Return of “Green Fairy” should be red flag. Vital Signs. Daily Progress. Charlottesville, Virginia. January 25, 2004:C3.
- Kell SO, Holstege CP. Poison Safety for the Holidays Quick Guide to Common Holiday Hazards and First Aid. Albemarle Family Magazine. 2003;Winter:18-19.
- Holstege CP. Keep household poisons under wraps. Daily Progress. Charlottesville, Virginia. March 23, 2003:C7.
- Holstege CP, Kirk MA. Snakebites – myths & reality. Daily Progress. Charlottesville, Virginia. July 28, 2002:E3.
- Holstege CP. Do your homework on herbal medicine. Daily Progress. Charlottesville, Virginia. February 17, 2002:E3.
- Holstege CP. Carbon monoxide is a silent indoor killer. Daily Progress. Charlottesville, Virginia. December 31, 2000:E3.
- Topic: Moonshine. Episode name: White Lightning. National Geographic Channel. February 7, 2007.
- Topic: Snake Envenomation First Aid. Episode name: H2Ouch. Dr. Know. Discovery Channel. 2006.
- Topic: Sarin. Episode name: Sarin Sabotage. Daily Planet. Discovery Channel. May 17, 2004.
- Topic: Ricin. Episode name: Ricin Report. Daily Planet. Discovery Channel. February 3, 2004.
- Topic: Nerve Agents. Episode name: What is atropine? Daily Planet. Discovery Channel. January 27, 2002.
- Topic: Moscow theater event. Episode name: What went wrong? Daily Planet. Discovery Channel. October 28, 2002.