William A. Woods, MD, FAAP
Associate Professor in Emergency Medicine
Pediatrics and Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Emergency Medicine Residency Director
- The Pennsylvania State University 1985, BS Mechanical Engineering
- The Pennsylvania State University 1990, MS Bioengineering
- University of Pittsburgh 1991, MD
- Pediatric Residency, University of Virginia 1991-1994
- Emergency Medicine Residency, University of Virginia 1995-1998
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Pediatric emergency medicine
- Pediatric critical care/resuscitation
- Trauma biomechanics
Most Recent Publications:
- Woods WA. Pediatric resuscitation and cardiac arrest. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America. 2011; 29(4).
- Rafaels K, Bass CR, Salzar RS, Panzer MB, Woods W, Feldman S, Cummings T, Capehart B. Survival risk assessment for primary blast exposures to the head. Journal of Neurotrauma. 2011.
- Althoff S, Sudhir A, Woods WA. A study of the surface characteristics of homemade ultrasound phantoms. Critical Ultrasound Journal. 2010;2:53-57.
Stacey S, Forman JL, Woods W, Arbogast K, Kent R. Pediatric abdominal injury patterns generated by lap belt loading. Journal of Trauma. 2009;67:1278-83.
Kent RA, Woods WA, Bass CR, Salzar RS, Damon AM. The transient relationship between pressure and volume in the pediatric pulmonary system. Journal of Biomechanics. 2009;42(11)1656-63.
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-4118