Matthew Trowbridge, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor, Associate Research Director
- B.A., Tufts University (1994)
- M.D., Emory University School of Medicine (2000)
- Masters of Public Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University (2000)
- Residency, General Pediatrics, Tufts University School of Medicine (2003)
- Fellowship, Injury Research, University of Michigan (2007)
- Residency, Preventive Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine (2010)
- Senior Advisor, Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control & Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Chair, Built Environment & Transportation Sub-committee, 2012 Centers for Disease Control Weight of the Nation Conference Steering Committee
- Advisory Board, National Policy & Legal Analysis Network (NPLAN) to Prevent Childhood Obesity
- Botchwey ND, MJ Trowbridge, Tom Fisher. Green Health: Urban Planning and the Development of Healthy and Sustainable Neighborhoods and Schools. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 2014: 34(2) 113-122.
- Trowbridge MJ*, Thomas Schmid. Built Environment and Physical Activity Promotion: Place-based Obesity Prevention Strategies. Journal of Law, Medicine, and Ethics. Winter 2013: 44(S2):46-51.
- Zimmerman S, Kramer K, Trowbridge MJ*. Overcoming Legal Liability Concerns for School-based Physical Activity Promotion. American Journal of Public Health. October 2013 Nov; 103(11): 1962-1967.
- Trowbridge MJ*, Huang T-T K, Botchwey N, Pyke C, Fisher T, Ballard-Barbash. Public Health and the Green Building Industry: Partnership Opportunities For Childhood Obesity Prevention. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2013 May; 44(5):489-95.
- Huang T-TK, Sorensen D, Davis S, Frerichs L, Brittin J, Celentano J, Callahan K, Trowbridge MJ*. Healthy Eating Design Guidelines for School Architecture. Preventing Chronic Disease. 2013 Feb; 10:E27.
- McKinnon RA*, Bowles HR, Trowbridge MJ. Engaging Physical Activity Policymakers. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2011 Jan; 8 Suppl 1:S145-7.
- Trowbridge MJ, Gurka M, O'Connor R. Urban Sprawl and Delayed Ambulance Arrival in the United States. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. November 2009. ( Link to Video Interview)
- Trowbridge MJ, Kent R. Rear Seat Motor Vehicle Travel in the U.S.: Using National Data to Define a Population At-Risk. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. October 2009.
- Trowbridge MJ, McDonald N. Urban Sprawl and Daily Miles Driven by Teenagers in the United States. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. March 2008.
P.O. Box 800699
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Phone: (434) 924-8485
Fax: (434) 924-4118