Mark Sochor, MD
Mark R. Sochor,
- B.S., Michigan State University; East Lansing, Michigan (1990)
- M.S., Wayne State University; Detroit, Michigan (1993)
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine; Detroit, Michigan (1999)
- Resident Emergency Medicine, Detroit Receiving Hospital and University Health Center (2002)
- Injury Research Fellow, University of Michigan CIREN Center (2004)
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Resident Education
- Elderly Trauma and Falls
- Abdominal Computed Tomography
- Forensic Evidence Gathering
- Running, Skiing
Most Recent Publications:
- Ad Hoc reviewer Obesity: Manuscript ID 11-0724-Orig.R2, entitled "Effects of BMI on the Risk and Frequency of Serious Injuries in Motor-Vehicle Crashes." August 23, 2012.
- Richard W Kent , Mr Francisco J Lopez-Valdes , Mr John Lamp , Ms Sabrina Lau , Mr Daniel Parent , Jason Kerrigan , Mr David J Lessley , Robert S. Salzar , Dr Mark R Sochor , Dr Cameron Randale Bass , Dr Matthew Rudolph Maltese: Journal: GCPI: Traffic Injury Prevention Manuscript ID: 667887 Manuscript Title: Biomechanical response targets for physical and computational models of the pediatric trunk [publish December 19, 2012]
- Untaroiu, C.D., Bose, D., Lu, Y-C, Riley P., Lessley D., Sochor M. (2012) Effect of seat belt pretensioners on human abdomen and thorax: biomechanical response and risk of injuries, Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, 72(5):1304-1315; May 2012, IF = 3.129
- R. S. Salzar, W. B. Lievers, R. E. Frimenko, J. B. Seamon, T. C. Keller, D. L. Subit, T. H. Gochenour, M.Sochor & J. R. Crandall: Fracture tolerance of the patellofemoral joint in frontal knee impacts of 75 and 35 year-old males, International Journal of Crashworthiness, 16:4, 397-409; 2011. IF=0.789
- Bailey KC, Sochor MR, Wintermark M, Huff JS; “Spontaneous Cervical Epidural Hematoma Mimicking Stroke.”; Journal of Neuroradiology; 39 (2): 132-134; MAY 2012, Corrected Proof; Online 8, June 2011 [Epub ahead of print]. IF=1.213
- Schneider, Lawrence W. , Rupp, Jonathan D. , Scarboro, Mark , Pintar, Frank , Arbogast, Kristy B., Rudd, Rodney W. , Sochor, Mark R., Stitzel, Joel , Sherwood, Chris , MacWilliams, Joel B. , Halloway, Dale , Ridella, Stephen and Eppinger, Rolf (2011) 'BioTab—A New Method for Analyzing and Documenting Injury Causation in Motor-Vehicle Crashes', Traffic Injury Prevention, 12: 3, 256-265; 2011. Cited 1 time. IF=1.079
- Moak J. H.; Gong D. X.; Young J. S.; Sochor M.R., Guidelines for Cervical Spine Imaging in Patients With Blunt Trauma: Utilization and Outcomes; Annals of Emergency Medicine 58 (4); S272-S273; October 2011. IF=4.133
- Lessley DJ, Shaw CG, Parent DP, Arregui-Dalmases C, Kindig MW, Riley PO, Purtsezov S, Sochor MR, Gochenour T, Bolton JR, Subit, D, Crandall JR,Takayama,S, Ono K, Kamiji K, Yasuki T. (2010) Whole-body response to pure lateral impact. Stapp Car Crash Journal, 53(1); 289-336. (No official impact factor assigned) Moore Riley, Williamson Kelly, Sochor, Mark; et al; Large Event Medicine-Event Characteristics Impacting Medical Need. American Journal of Emergency Medicine; 29(9): 1217-1221; November 2011. IF=1.976
- Lessley, DJ, Shaw, CG, Parent, DP, Arregui-Dalmases, C, Kindig, MW, Riley, PO, Purtsezov, S, Sochor, MR, Gochenour, T, Bolton, JR, Subit, D, Crandall, JR, Takayama, S, Ono, K, Kamiji, K, Yasuki, T. (2010) Whole-body response to pure lateral impact. Stapp Car Crash Journal, 53, 289-336.
- Moore R, Sochor, M, Brady, WJ: Large Event Medicine-Event Characteristics Impacting Medical Need. American Journal of Emergency Medicine; Ms. Ref. No.: AJEM527R1; accepted for publication July 2010.
- Cunningham, RM, Harrison, SR, McKay, MP, Mello, MJ, Sochor M, Shandro, JR, Walton, MA, D’Onofrio G: National Survey of Emergency Department Alcohol Screening and Intervention Practices; Ann Emerg Med, Vol. 55 Issue 6; June 2010, Pgs. 556-562.
- Sochor, MR, Brady, WJ: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Notes; Ann Emerg Med, Vol. 55 Issue 6: June 2010, Pgs. 563-567.
- Kent R, Salzar R, Kerrigan J, Parent D, Lessley D, Sochor M, Luck JF, Loyd A, Song Y, Nightingale R, Bass CR, Maltese MR: Pediatric Thoracoabdominal Biomechanics; Stapp Car Crash Journal, Vol. 53; November 2009.
- Reed, MP, Sochor, MM, Rupp, JD, Klinich, KD, Manary, MA, “Anthropometric specification of child crash dummy pelves through statistical analysis of skeletal geometry,” Journal of Biomechanics. 2009 May; Vol. 42 Issue 8, Pgs. 1143-45