William J. Brady, MD
William J. Brady, MD
Professor of Emergency Medicine and Internal
P.O. Box 800699
- BA, History, University of Virginia (1984)
- MD, Medical College of Virginia (1988)
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Medical College of Virginia (1991)
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin (1994)
- Chief Resident, Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin (1994)
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Emergency medicine
- Emergency Medical Systems
- Emergency Preparedness
- Large Event and Disaster Medicine
- My family
- Childrens' Athletics
- Furniture/Wood Working
- Coin collecting
Most Recent Publications:
- Josseaume J, Verner L, Brady WJ, Duchateau FX: Multidrug-resistant bacteria among patients treated in foreign hospitals: Management considerations during medical repatriation. J Travel Med 2013;20:22-8.
- Duchateau FX, MD, Legrand JM, MD, Verner L, Brady WJ: Commercial Aircraft Repatriation of Patients with Pneumothorax. Air Med J 2013;32:200-2.
- Carlberg D, Tsuchitani S, Barlotta KS, Brady WJ: Serum Troponin Testing in Patients with PSVT: Outcome after Emergency Department Care. Am J Emerg Med 2011;29:545-8.
- Brady WJ, Gurka K, Mehring B, Peberdy MA, O’Connor RE: In-hospital Cardiac Arrest: Impact of Monitoring and Witnessed Event on Patient Survival and Neurologic Status at Hospital Discharge. Resuscitation 2011;82:845-52.
- Fesmire FM, Hahn S, Jagoda AS, Brady WJ et al: American College of Emergency Physicians Clinical Policy: Critical Issues in the Evaluation and Management of Adult Patients with Non–ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes. Ann Emerg Med. 2006;48:270-301.
- Fesmire FM, Brady WJ, Hahn S, et al: American College of Emergency Physicians Clinical Policy: Indications for Reperfusion Therapy in Emergency Department Patients with Suspected Acute Myocardial Infarction. Ann Emerg Med. 2006;48:358-71.
- O’Connor RE, Brady W, Brooks SC, et al: Acute Coronary Syndromes: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. Circulation 2010; 122:s787-s817.
- Brady WJ, Truwit JD (eds), Critical Decisions in Electrocardiography. London, BMJ-Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Group, 2009.
- Mattu A, Brady WJ (eds), The ECG for the Emergency Physician 2. London, BMJ-Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Group, 2008.
- Morris F, Brady WJ, Camm J (eds), The ABCs of Electrocardiography, 2nd ed. London, BMJ Publishing group, 2008.
- Grossman SA, Rosen P, Brady WJ, et.al. eds. Cardiac Emergencies: Cases, Concepts and Management. London, BMJ-Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Group, 2011.
- Brady WJ, Charlton N, Sutherland S (eds). Cardiac Arrest. Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America, Elsevier, 2011