This emergency transport team, Medic V, is based at the emergency department and services the medical center and its satellite facilities.
Medic V provides both Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advance Life Support (ALS) services to the University Health System.
Their mission is to:
- Answer all "911" calls for Blue Ridge Hospital, Kluge's Children Rehabilitation Center, Virginia Ambulatory Surgery Center, Primary Care Center, Private UVA Clinics, Hospital West, Rio Pediatrics, Jordan Hall, Stacey Hall & Annex, Student Health, Link areas, Medical Research 4, Townside, McKim Hall, University Hospital, Old Medical School, Forrest Lakes, Crossroads, Fontaine Research Park and Northridge
- Provide transport for unstable patients from Martha Jefferson Hospital to UVA Hospital
- Cover responder calls in all areas contiguous with the Medical Center
- Provide ALS and BLS transportation for Code 12 team and patients in the multistory building
- Assist the Charlottesville-Albermarle Rescue Squad with mutual aid.