Directions to Various Clinical Sites
Week One: Anesthesiology Sites
- Operating Rooms, Main Hospital: Located on the second floor of University Hospital. Take the West Staff Elevators from the first floor of the hospital to the second. Exit the Elevators and take a left. Follow long hallway and the OR Control desk will be on your left.
- Outpatient Surgical Center: 500 Monroe Lane, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Monroe Lane is located off Jefferson Park Avenue. Coming from the Main hospital Jordan area, you will need to head to the South Parking garage and walk to Monroe Lane which is at the Garage's edge. Follow Monroe Lane to the back of the Garage and you will see The Outpatient Surgical Center.
- Anesthesiology Library: Old Medical School building - facing the 'Corner', fourth floor, in the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Claude Moore Medical Education Center - Medical Simulation Center: Students can enter the building from the 2nd floor of MR5. Coming from Jordan, cross the link to MR5, turn right into the Claude Moore Medical Education Building (after the stairwell). Take the stairs or elevator on the left to the Ground Floor (Medical Simulation Center) and follow signs to Reception. Please wait in Reception. You may wear office attire or scrubs.
- Martha Jefferson Hospital, Electroconvulsive Shock
Therapy: 459 Locust Ave
Charlottesville, VA 22902 (434) 982-7000
- Take Main Street until the Lewis and Clark Statue and light. Take a LEFT toward 250 at the stop light. Get in right lane and take a RIGHT at the light onto Preston Avenue for about 20 yards. Take a quick LEFT onto High Street and continue on High street for 0.4 miles until the it intersects with East High Street. Take a LEFT on East High street. You will see Martha Jefferson Hospital on the LEFT. Take a LEFT on Locust at stop light. Go past the Main Entrance on the left and take the next LEFT on Sycamore Street. Park in the lot on the LEFT. You will enter the Main Entrance and take the elevator to the second floor. Get off on the SECOND floor and take a right heading down the hall. The hall will dead-end and you will turn right. You will see another elevator on the left, about 10 yards down the hall. Take elevator # 7 up to the THIRD floor. You will be in the Rucker Psychiatry Unit. Exit the elevator to the right and the Electroconvulsive Shock Therapy treatment room will be on your right. You should wear office attire.
- Pre-operative Evaluation and Testing Center: First floor of the hospital, off the Main lobby.
- Genito-Urinary (GU) Operating Room: Located on the 2nd floor in the Old Medical School. Coming from the Main ORs, take the second floor link across JPA until it dead-ends straight and you are forced to take a right turn. You will pass the West Elevators A on your left. Take a left at the sign for Urology Clinics, before passing the Radiology signs. You will see signs for the Prostate Center. Take a left at door 2644E, then an immediate right toward the waiting rooms. You will then seen a sign for the operating rooms on your left. Push the plate on the door to enter. Note, you will need to be wearing scrubs to enter operating rooms.
- Anesthesiology "Ready Room": Room 2820 Located off the main hallway outside of the Main Hospital Operating Room Control Desk.
- Jordan Hall Auditorium: located in Jordan Hall, second floor.
- Anesthesiology Conference Room, Main Hospital: Room 2984 On the second floor of the Main hospital. Off of the main corridor leading to the OR control desk.
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit: Second Floor, when you get off the staff elevators take your first left before you reach the Main OR. Follow the hall until you see the signs.
Week Two: Emergency Medicine Sites
- Health Sciences Library: If you don't know, please ask a classmate.
- Emergency Department: Located in the 1st floor of the University Hospital on the East side. Take the East staff elevators to the 1st floor, and the ED is straight ahead. You will need to swipe your ID badge to enter.
- ED Resident Workroom: As you exit the East staff elevators on the 1st floor, this is within the ED offices on the left. Once you enter, the workroom is within the 2nd door on the right. Room 1401 - C.
- LifeSupport Learning Center: Towers building on JPA, Building 1222; take the elevators to the 5th floor. Take a right after getting off the elevators and go to the end of the hall.
- Claude Moore Medical Education Building - Medical Simulation Center: Students can enter the building from the 2nd floor of MR5. Coming from Jordan, cross the link to MR5, turn right into the Claude Moore Medical Education Building (after the stairwell). Take the stairs or elevator on the left to the Ground Floor (Medical Simulation Center) and follow signs to Reception. You may wear office attire or scrubs.
- EM Administrative Offices: West Complex, 2nd floor at the end of the link. From University Hospital, take the 2nd floor link to the West Complex and the offices are a door to your right just as you exit the link. The EM Classroom is within these offices on the left as you enter. The EM Small Classroom is straight ahead as you enter (next to Dr. Plautz's office).
CARS (Cville-Albemarle Rescue Squad): 828 McIntire Road, on the corner of McIntire and the 250 Bypass, behind the skate park http://www.rescue1.org/