Camp Holiday Trails 5K
Camp Holiday Trails 5K race has raised nearly $100K over the past 30 years. A great example of UVA Medical Students working together in a fun way to help others.
30 years ago, a Medical student had an idea, a plan, and the ambitiion to make it happen. He created the the fundraising foot race known as Camp Holiday Trails 5K which has been run each year since.
Organized this year by both Nursing and Medicine Sstudents the race looks to be as fundraisingly fun as ever.
If you know you already want to sign up, go to Camp Holiday Trails 5K Sign Up.
You Can Help Too
Laura evens, MED '16, explains in the video below how to join the race:
Camp Holiday Trails
Camp Holiday Trails is in Charlottesville Virginin at Old Rag Mountain. Their mission is to bring the full camp experience to children with special needs. At their camp the have hiking trails, horses, climbing walls, games, singing, fun and staff, volunteers and concilors who love what they do. And of course, children -- who sing and dance and play and learn and are free.
Here are some of the 2013 activities planned at Camp Holiday Trails:
- Mar 16: 3rd Annual Chainsaw Day Click for info.
- Mar 20: 9th Annual School Nurse Retreat Click for info.
- Mar 30: 30th Annual UVA School of Med 5K Click for info.
- Apr 6 : Annual Spring Spruce Up Click for info.
- Apr 12-14: Family Camp, w/UVA Ryan White Clinic Click for info.
- May 24-26: Family Hemophilia Camp w/VA Hemophilia Fdn Click for info.
- Jun 2-7: Counselor Training Week
- Jun 9-15: Burn Camp Click for info.
- Jun 16-21: Session 1 - Young Camper Week, age 5-12, all diagnoses PLUS SIBLINGS
- Jun 23-Jul 5:Session 2, age 7-17, all diagnoses
- Jul 7-19: Session 3, age 7-17, all diagnoses
- Jul 21-26: Session 4 - Camp Youngblood, w/VA Hemophilia Fdn, age 7-17 with bleeding disorder PLUS SIBLINGS
- Jul 28-31: Session 5: Mini-Family Camp Week - bring thewhole family to Camp!
- Aug 4-9: Session 6: for children w/autism
- Aug 30-Sep 1: Teen Retreat – Bleeding Disorders