Battle Building at UVA Children’s Hospital
Construction workers have been at it for months. You’ve heard the sounds of hammers and saws. The end is in sight!
Building at UVA Children’s Hospital is taking shape, and will be opening in summer 2014.
Here are a few things to love about the building, which will house UVA Children’s Hospital Outpatient Clinics and the Outpatient Surgery Center
- Convenient access. Whether your child is healthy or has a serious medical condition, you’ll appreciate the convenient access to primary care as well as specialized expertise in cancer, heart disorders and a full array of pediatric illnesses.
- Extensive specialties and services. With seven
floors and 200,000 square feet, the Battle Building will be home to
- Dozens of pediatric specialties
- Outpatient surgery with a dedicated pediatric area
- Pediatric outpatient rehabilitation
- Teen health
- Imaginative play areas. Cheerful colors and interactive play areas throughout the building are designed to keep kids engaged and comfortable during their visit. Common areas, and even exam rooms, invite youngsters to explore and imagine a world of their own. Classic children’s tales come to life in fun features such as I Spy murals and a storybook wall.
- Delightful outdoor landscape. Themes of adventure and discovery extend outside to an enchanting landscape that pays homage to the Lewis and Clark expedition. While traveling along tree-lined paths, children will encounter sculptures of bears and other animals that the famous explorers documented during their westward journey.
- Maternal-fetal expertise. Mothers-to-be, particularly those with a concerning medical issue, will get the care they need from maternal-fetal medicine experts and a full array of services offered by UVA Fetal Care Center.
- Consolidated services. With care organized in neighborhoods, several services that a child may need are grouped together. For example, one neighborhood will be home to orthopedics, physical and occupational therapy and developmental pediatrics.
- Specialized caregivers. The staff members inside the Battle Building are highly trained to care for children from infancy to adolescence and every stage in between. The equipment these caregivers use is specially designed, and just the right size, for children.
- New treatment options. When facing an as yet incurable disease, a family can take advantage of research done in the Clinical Trials Suite and Children’s Clinical Research Office designed to foster development of new treatments – and renewed hope.
- Front door drop-off and pick up. Whether a journey to the Battle Building – at the corner of W. Main Street and Jefferson Park Avenue – takes patients across town or across Virginia, drop-off and pick-up areas right at the front door and free parking close by in the 11th St. Garage ease the trip.
- Proximity to top-notch inpatient care. The outpatient care offered at the Battle Building is an extension of the phenomenal inpatient care offered by UVA Children’s Hospital right across Lee St. at UVA Medical Center.
For more information, visit the website: uvahealth.com/battlebuilding