School of Medicine accomplishments made in response to the engagement survey results, work team conversations, and action planning will be posted here. We look forward to building on our strengths and making positive changes in areas where we may be falling short.
Since this is our inaugural employee engagement year, our colleagues from the U.Va. Medical Center have shared some of the positive changes they’ve made as result of their employee engagement feedback. Accomplishments include:
- Enriching employee recognition and rewards programs by holding employee appreciation events such as holiday events, Health System Week, etc.
- Partnering with local merchants to provide exclusive deals at Belk and the Downtown Mall
- Implementing Health System Hoos program and enhancing Meal Card Debit Program
- Awarding merit increases and market increases where warranted
- Providing additional incentives for utilizing Health System providers and expanding Employee Connection
- Engaging in dialogue with Senior Leadership at “Breakfast with Administration” invitation only events, roundtables, Uteam meetings, etc.
- Participating in “Walk-A-Mile” shadowing experiences
- Improving way finding throughout the organization with new signs and arrows
- Sharing positive patient experiences and outcomes throughout the organization
- Increasing community awareness about the great care we provide
- Encouraging continuous growth and development in multiple education programs through the Uteam Leadership Academy such as Informal Leader series, Best Practices in Management I series, and Uteam Leadership Education Forums